CRS Rice Bowl contributions will be accepted at the church on Good Friday at the 6:00pm service. Thank you for making a difference!
You may also drop off CRS Rice Bowl contributions at the parish office during Holy Week on Wednesday or Thursday before 4:00pm.
It is easy to get overwhelmed by the dire needs of so many people in our country and around the world, but little things can make a big difference. You can make a difference! Watch this inspiring story about how a simple meal provided by CRS Rice Bowl was the first step in transforming the desperate life of one man.
Each Lent, Catholic families across the country unite to put their faith into action through prayer, fasting and almsgiving. Through Catholic Relief Service (CRS) Rice Bowl, families learn about how our sisters and brothers across the globe overcome hardships like hunger and malnutrition, and how through Lenten alms, we have the power to make the world a better place for all.
CRS Rice Bowl helps both Americans close to your home and others around the world.
Get your rice bowl today!
St. Joseph Church makes rice bowls available for anyone who wants to participate during the season of Lent. How does this work?
- Pick up your rice bowl at the church entrances.
- Put the rice bowl in a visible place in your home. Most people put it on their mealtime table, but others make a small home altar for it and include the Bible, a purple candle, a cross, etc.
- Commit to adding your donation to the rice bowl daily or weekly.
- Bring your rice bowl to the church on Good Friday.
- St. Joseph Church will make sure that all donations reach Catholic Relief Services.
15-Minute Online Retreat on the Theme of Hunger
Click the Online Retreat button to access a short, personal retreat focusing on the theme of world hunger. You can do this retreat on your own or form a small group to experience the retreat together. Contact Jim Merhaut at email@example.com if you would like assistance forming a group for this simple retreat experience.