Daily Video Scripture Reflection for Busy People
CLICK HERE to access a listing of daily video Scripture reflections.
Tuesday Bible Study with Dr. Tom Sauline
9:30-11 am in the Mackin Room:
Current Focus for December 7 – January 25:
Peacemaking & Nonviolence studies the Prophets, Gospels, and Letters of Paul through the lens of the cross to nurture students as Christian peacemakers. The teachings of Israel’s prophets and of Israel’s Messiah offer the world a way out of its addiction to violence, weapons, and war. Proclaiming the peace of God’s kingdom, Jesus tells his disciples to renounce hostile retaliation, learning to love enemies and struggle for justice with creative nonviolence.
GOALS: Participants will study
- Select passages from OT and NT on peacemaking and nonviolence.
- Jesus as a model for peacemaking.
- Christian peacemaking practices.
OUTCOMES: Participants will
- Identify select OT and NT passages about peacemaking and nonviolence.
- Describe Jesus as a peacemaker.
- Consider ways to practice Christian peacemaking.
METHODS: Participants will
- Read the assigned biblical texts and commentaries at home.
- Discuss the questions for reflection during the sessions.
- Pray with select passages.
- Sept 7 – April 26
Time: 9:30 – 11:00 am
Place: The Mackin Room
Download the schedule for a complete listing of topics and dates through April.
Check the parish calendar for the up-to-date schedule.
CLICK HERE to access simple reflections on the Sunday gospel readings. This resource is intended to help you prepare spiritually for the upcoming Sunday Mass each week.