Heavenly Angels Luncheon Support Ministry
The St. Joseph Bereavement Ministry, Heavenly Angels, is happy to assist at your funeral luncheon. You have enough to worry about at this difficult time; leave the work to us. We’ll host the meal you provide to your guests in Mercy Hall on our campus. We have three caterers who will be happy to work with you. Here’s what we provide:
- We waive the rental fee for Mercy Hall
- We set up tables and chairs for the meal
- We provide paper products (plates, utensils, cups, napkins)
- We provide coffee, tea, and water
- We clean up Mercy Hall after the meal
Contact the church office at 330-792-1919 or email@example.com to plan your funeral luncheon.
GRIEF SUPPORT GROUPS
St. Joseph offers grief support to widows and widowers the last Friday of the month, 2:00-4:00 pm in the Blue Room of the school building. Participants are required to wear masks and maintain a safe physical distance. Contact Joann Repaskey @ 330-727-0368 or Bonnie Zoldak @ 330-261-2133 for more information.
Other grief support groups are available in our area to assist family members in their journey of healing. The groups provide a safe place to build hope and encouragement and discover new friendships and other helpful resources.
Hospice of the Valley
Hospice of the Valley offers a variety of groups to meet your needs. Please feel free to contact the bereavement department for additional information at 1-800-640-5180. They have programs for Widows and Widowers, Parents Together and even Pet Loss.
CLICK HERE for access to their informational events calendar.
More and more people are turning to online counseling and therapy to work on their mental and emotional health. You don’t need to leave your home to access great counselors. Here’s an article that offers some guidance on this rapidly-growing healthcare option.
CLICK HERE to learn more about online counseling.
Additional Grief Resources
- Understanding Grief
- Stress Associated with Loss
- Grieving Death by a Sudden Loss
- Grieving Death by Drug Overdose
- Grieving a Miscarriage
- Grieving Death Following a Long-Term Illness
- Grieving Death from Natural Causes
- Grieving Death from Suicide
- Grieving Loss at the Holidays
- The Stages of Grief
- Helping Yourself Through Grief
CLICK HERE to access our page with information about how to prepare for a funeral.